Friday, June 22, 2012

How Great is Our God

Words can't be used to describe how right it feels being here in Ecuador right now.  God is here. I am part of His plan and it is sooo wonderful.  I wake up every morning with joy, excited to see what the day brings.  I am experiencing so much growth and God is really working in my heart.  I don't know where my future is taking me but I am along for the ride!

This morning included a 6:45 wake up call to go for a run with Courtney and Jenna.  Being awake early and feeling groggy was not the desired feeling I wanted for my morning but turned out to be totally worth it.  We ran along the Malecon (river walk).  Climbed 430 stairs.  As if that wasn't enough, we climbed some more stairs.  But when we came to a stop, we stood overlooking the whole city of Guayaquil.  Standing in absolute awe atop a lighthouse.  We were at the highest point in the city.  We had seen God's work being done on the campuses, but to see how big the city actually was and how many people are in need of being reached just really had me at a loss of words.  God was using me in his plan to start a movement to reach the lost and hurting people of Guayaquil.  Out of all the billions of people in the world....He chose me.  This was definitely the best and most humbling morning of the trip so far.  So glad to have woken up.

My day continued with seeing a brother and sister come to Christ on the ESPOL campus, as Helen and I had the opportunity to share the Gospel with Franco and his sister.  PRAISE GOD!  With the help of Helen's fluent Spanish (SHOUT OUT TO HELEN! GRACIAS!) and guidance of the Holy Spirit, we were able to answer their questions on eternal life and the Holy Spirit.  We spent over an hour sitting in the grass just talking about God's goodness.  Afternoon well spent.

The night consisted of watching Dan in Real Life as a team which provided plenty of laughs to made for a great night cap.

Overall great day! and looking forward to tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment