Thursday, June 14, 2012

Things I Have Learned..

To kind of stray away from the long posts I've been posting lately, I thought to mix it up with some things I have learned since being here:

  1. "Me: Getting all these coins makes me feel like a pirate. Jenna: I feel like a jinglemonster." Sacajawea has been rediscovered in South America as the $1 coins are quite popular as well as 50cent coins and the rest of the bunch.
  2. Goat stew is not as bad as it sounds....it is actually quite tasty.
  3. Futbol fans LOVEEEE their futbol and that a well spent afternoon for them consists of cutting up newspapers for confetti, obtaining rolls of receipt paper and blowing up balloons.
  4.  There are no rules of the road.
  5. Indian dancers frequently prank call the hotel we stay at.
  6. Climbing trees is frowned upon!! :(
  7. If the food looks sketchy, eat it.
  8. Ecuadorians are not as crazy about Justin Bieber as folks from the US...and that's a good thing
  9. VAMOS AZULES! nuff said.
  10. PB stands for peanut butter, not primer bajo.
  11. Iguanas are not as friendly as they should be but that won't stop us from testing customs.
  12. It is possible to eat a full breakfast in 4 minutes....that's how 8-bro-uno does it.
  13. Agua con gas no es bueno....lo siento Carlos Juan.
  14. You can't flush the toilet paper.
  15. Always carry a hidden $10...in case of getting mugged.
  16. Colorful buildings are the best buildings....and so we'll end here....16 is a good number....and I am tired....and I like sleep....zzzzz.....

No comments:

Post a Comment