Saturday, June 9, 2012

Introduction: Packing

Saturday's agenda includes a day full of packing.  As always I waited until the last day before leaving to pack but I work best when I procrastinate.  I just hope that I don't forget anything!  We were given a list of stuff to pack, both suggested and required, so it's all a matter of just going through and crossing off the list.    My emotions are definitely a mixture of nervousness and excitement!  This will be my first time leaving the country and the longest period I will have ever been away from home.  I am excited for the opportunity to experience a new culture and the plans that lay ahead of us in Ecuador.  I am looking forward to seeing God work through each of us to reach out to the Ecuadorian students through evangelism and discipleship.  Not only am I looking forward to seeing growth in others but also growth in myself.  This is a great learning experience and this trip has the opportunity to allow me to grow closer in my relationship with God.  I plan on using this blog for daily posts to share my experiences!  Sunday will be the first day of briefing for our team as we are all meeting in Chicago for two days before flying out to Ecuador on Tuesday.  Well it is time for bed, so I'm signing off for now.  I have a full day of packing ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment